Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Short but sweet

That's how I would describe my recent trip to NYC. I spent 2 & a half days there and came back physically exhausted but emotionally and intellectually energized.

Here're a few sweet moments:

My virtual-turn-reality friend's 4-year-old daughter, both of whom I met for the very first time, told me, "You are very pretty. I love you!"

Eating an Argentinian ice-cream cone for the first time! Mate - south american green tea - was my flavor of choice. I'll eat it again in a heartbeat. Even better than gelato...yum!

My 11-month niece, whom I also met for the first time, played with me on my lap for an hour.

My mother-in-law gave me a brown bag lunch Monday morning as I was heading to work.

My new-found friend (you know who you are - *wink *wink - thanks!) got me a gift which, unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take because of schedule conflicts.

More about my trip later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks about your sweet words too!! Baau was very happy to see you.

TX Carmen 德州卡門 said...

readandeat,

How I wish we live closer to each other! Genghis needs someone to speak with in Cantonese. I'm so impressed with Baau's Cantonese.

Anonymous said...

hi carmen,

m name is topaz, i am a little sister of Eva (LousyMa). i accidentally saw your message in her blog and found u are also a writer for Tom. interesting because i was working in Tom and City magazine before. hey what i want to say is, i am going to texas this wednesday until 15th, wondering which part of texas are u in? i will be in fort worth, near dallas. hope we can meet up for a drink if possible :)

my email is topazleung@gmail.com

keep in touch :)

cheers, topaz

周游 said...

what a small but wonderful world!!
all hong kong women living outside hk.
Carmen we are virtual "colleagues", keep me posted;)
And you have met Readandeat in NYC, my saliva keeps dropping whenever i read her delicious blog!
and Topaz my little sis maybe able to meet you in texas...
aren't we all wonder women hahaha!!!

Enjoy your weekends!
here in Sweden it is super big sun at 30 degrees!
eva
(=lousyma/jauyau)

TX Carmen 德州卡門 said...

topaz,

i just sent you an email. hope we could meet when you're in the big state!

eva,

you know, the one thing that i'm so pleased about blogging is that i got to meet (online & off) all these wonder women from/in hk!

we're miles away but i really feel very close to y'all as we share some common & very personal experience - starting a new family in a foreign country.

i hope i got to see topaz when she's in texas - dallas is not exactly my part of town, but hopefully we can work something out.

you & fong fong & yau yau have a wonderful weekend!